Sunday 3 June 2012

Help needed in pursuing an old photo album

Bit of a personal project now, but I am trying to find out the identity of many people within an old 19th century photo album that I was fortunate to be given a couple of years past. I have confirmed that some people featured within the album are members of the Comrie family related to my McEwan ancestral line from Perthshire, but there are many gaps, so much so that I have now scanned the images and placed them on my Flickr account. The earliest confirmed date for two of the photos taken in Auckland, New Zealand is 1873, though there may be earlier images.

The full story is on my other blog at http://walkingineternity.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/old-photo-album-comrie-family.html - please let me know if anyone seems familiar!


Chris

Check out my Scotland's Greatest Story research service www.ScotlandsGreatestStory.co.uk
New book: It's Perthshire 1866 - there's been a murder... www.thehistorypress.co.uk/products/The-Mount-Stewart-Murder.aspx (from June 12th 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment