Wednesday 3 May 2017

Who Do You Think You Are Live axed

I'm just a few hours from an election in which I am standing as a candidate, but I've just heard the news that Who Do You Think You Are Live has been axed. Immediate Media, the organisers, have described the show as "running at a considerable loss".

For ten years the show was the UK's premier family history event, and it will be sorely missed. I was unfortunately not able to make it to this year's event due to the election campaign, but have many fond memories of the previous years, having attended all but the first event.

For more on the announcement of the closure, visit http://www.whodoyouthinkyouaremagazine.com/news/wdytya-live-close-its-doors.


Chris

For details on my genealogy guide books, including A Beginner's Guide to British and Irish Genealogy, A Decade of Irish Centenaries: Researching Ireland 1912-1923Discover Scottish Church Records (2nd edition), Discover Irish Land Records and Down and Out in Scotland: Researching Ancestral Crisis, please visit http://britishgenes.blogspot.co.uk/p/my-books.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment